Credit: Rachel Travels
Atlanta-based celebrity stylist Kelli Kibble shares 10 tips to protect your hair in any climate as you travel.
- If you are going swimming, soak your hair with water there the night before. Hair is a sponge, soaking hair in water will protect your hair from the harmful water like chlorine and salt water.
- Use a neutralizing shampoo after swimming, especially for natural and colored hair. This shampoo helps to remove chlorine and deactivate color from turning another color (blonde highlights could turn green!). If you have relaxed hair, chlorine could be harmful as well.
- Travel with a satin pillow case! We all have them… you know those nights where we come home late and exhausted, and the LAST thing you want to do is wrap our hair!
- Travel with your shampoo and conditioner. Take your hair care system with you!
- Drink LOTS of water! Hydrate! Your hair will thank you for it!
- Protect your hair like you protect your skin. Coat your hair in a moisturizing, leave-in conditioner, which will create a coating to protect it from harmful elements, like the sun and dangerous water (see point #1).
- If you’re going somewhere cold, try to avoid wool scarves. These can damage your hair from the friction. Use cotton or microfiber scarves as an alternative option.
- Before and after swimming, detangle hair then put into twists/braids to prevent tangles!
- Try protective styles, like @hergivenhair for a sew-in, braids, or wear a hat!
- DO NOT flat iron your hair every day! I know it can be tough ladies. You can easily cause heat damage in just one weekend!
What are some ways you protect your hair while traveling?
Discover more at Rachel Travels.
Show Comments (0)